The energy storage market in Spain expects great growth in the coming years. With the goal to switch its electricity system entirely to renewable sources by 2050, Spain expects renewable capacity to represent 74% by 2030, and storage to achieve an additional power of 6 GW. This is a huge opportunity for companies; however, there’s still a lot of uncertainty around storage.
To get a deeper understanding of the energy storage scenario in Spain, ATA Insights is organising the fourth edition of RENMAD Almacenamiento, on March 29-30 this year in Toledo, Spain. The theme of the event is ‘How to promote, finance, build and operate profitable storage projects in Spain’.
With more than 400 attendees and 60 presentations across two days, the event will bring together industry leaders and key stakeholders to network and discuss on the market scenario, changes in the sector, share ideas and real project learnings and more.
The event will focus on the following topics:
Sterling and Wilson Renewable Energy will be participating in a panel discussion at the event. Maria Mayendia, Head Project Development, Europe will speak at a panel discussion on ‘Lessons learned from regulation and commercial deployment of storage in advanced markets’.Other panellists who will join the discussion are:
- Understand the volume of demand for each service and possible compensation mechanisms to maximize your energy storage revenues
- Regulatory framework and permitting:
- How to mitigate contractual financial and technological risks in storage to obtain financing on favorable terms
- Explore options such as sodium-sulfur, vanadium flow and solid-state batteries and technologies such as reverse pumping and thermal storage
- Fluence, Amir José Daou Pulido
- NV Energy, Mark Warden
- FRV, Brais García
- POWIN, Francisco Guerrero
- Octopus Energy, Santiago
- EASE, David Post / Jacopo Tosoni (Moderator)